PTFE Static Mixer are a series of geometric mixing elements fixed within a pipe ,which use the energy of the flow stream to create mixing between two or more fluids. Static Mixer are used to mix liquid-liquid, liquid-gas and gas-gas.
- The device consists of mixer elements contained in a cylindrical or squared housing and element consist of series of baffles.
- The main advantage of static mixer is mixing.
- Device has no moving parts.
- They are manufactured in wide range of materials, including stainless steel, other Exotic metals and PTFE, FRP.
Application of Static Mixer:
- Blending:Two Soluble components are mixed together to achieve homogeneity.
- Dispersing:Two insoluble components are mixed together to achieve required droplet size and Mass transfer
- Contacting:Gassing of liquids and gas washing is achieved.
- Heat Exchange and Reaction:Temperature homogenization is achieved for high viscous and temperature sensitive products. The components to be mixed are pumped at the inlet of the mixing unit containing static mixing elements. Due to the construction of the mixing elements, the fluids are directed radically outwards and inwards while the forward flow continues. This movement is multiplied by introducing more number of mixing elements. The angle of this movement is also changed by subsequent elements. As a result, the mixing effect is achieved with the fluid emerging out at the other end.
Application Industries of Static Mixer:
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Petrochemical Industry
- Oil and Gas industry
- Agro chemical Industry