Deaeration system: For the removal of undesirable gasses.
Evaporating plant: Multiple effects forced recirculation/Falling film/Combination of both evaporating plant to concentrate the effluent upto 30 % TS which can be used as Biocomposting.
Advantages of Forced recirculation evaporator over Falling film evaporator
Forced recirculation evaporator is best suitable evaporator in comparison to falling film evaporator. Following are the features of Forced recirculation evaporator in comparison to falling film evaporator:
- Forced recirculation evaporator is most suitable evaporator to concentrate the product up to 55-65% total solids, whereas falling film evaporator is suitable to concentrate only 45-48% Total solids.
- Forced recirculation evaporator can be run for 30-40 days without any scaling, whereas falling film evaporator can only be run for 20 hrs only. 4 hours are required to clean the falling film evaporator daily.
- Cleaning shall be required after 30 to 40 days of continuous running of the forced recirculation plant, so there is saving of chemicals, steam and power consumption used for cleaning. Where as cleaning of falling film is required on daily basis for 4 hours, so there will be extra cost for chemicals, steam and power.
- In forced recirculation evaporator, capacity of the plant is designed at lower side with respect to falling film evaporator.
- Despite of having high power consumption in forced recirculation evaporator, processing cost per lit of distillery effluent is less than falling film evaporator.