Wiped Film Evaporators
- Most suitable for heat sensitive materials.
- Least residence time in heating one.
- Avoid over heating of the products.
- Inter cooler causes immediate condensation of vapor hence no deterioration of distillate.
Agitated Thin Film Evaporators
- High heat transfer coefficient.
- Less residence time.
Falling Film Evaporators
- Handles more volume of solvents.
- Economical for pre concentration.
Rising Film Evaporators or Forced Recirculation Evaporators
- High heat transfer co-efficient.
- Suitable for medium solid concentration.