Energy-efficient power distribution for commercial facilities emphasizes the use of highly sophisticated integrated systems that combine power handling along with advanced Ethernet/IP based monitoring controls.
- Provides building owners with previously unavailable energy data.
- Networked monitoring/metering reports a building's energy usage.
- Paralleling switchgear, busway, capacitors and filters, and UPS systems help reduce energy loss and consumption while extending equipment life.
Poor quality can reduce productivity, shorten equipment life and erode profits. A power management system provides the means to understand how best to implement and verify energy-saving initiatives and controls demand on order to avoid electrical rate penalties.
Frost offers many Green Choice ideas to help you convert to an energy-efficient commercial or industrial facility.
- High efficient transformers reduce energy costs with payback 1-3 years.
- High efficiency UPS's can result in 50% less power loss, while reducing overall building energy costs.
- Electrical submetering monitors the energy usage by building tenants or business units.