Spirulina Organica is Fuji’s branded Organic Spirulina. Having partnered with Sanat Products of India, we are pleased to be the exclusive distributor of their clean and pure Organic Spirulina here in the US and Canada.
The term spirulina includes various species of primitive unicellular blue-green algae, most commonly Arthrospira maxima and Arthrospira platensis. These microscopic plants grow naturally in lakes rich in salt, particularly in Central and South America and in Africa. The bulk of these microscopic aquatic plants used in supplements are grown and harvested in outdoor systems. Since ancient times, natives of Mexico and Africa have eaten spirulina for its nutritive value. More recently, scientific studies have supported its role as a super food, primarily due to the presence of phytopigments and essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins found in the tiny plants.
Spirulina Organica for Dietary Supplements
Spirulina is a superfood. It is a powerful yet easy to digest source of protein, vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients. It is a perfect supplement to help us combat the imbalance of our hectic lives where we miss meals and make poor eating choices.
- Includes essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids
- Contains highly absorbable chlorophyll, carotenoids and phytopigments
- Contains high levels of protein (60-70%) and low levels of fat
- Spirulina powder is often mixed with juice as a supplement to low calorie diets
- Spirulina is also rich source of gamma linoleic acid (GLA), an essential
- Spirulina contains a beneficial polysaccharide called Calcium spirulan (Ca-SP)
- Spirulina is a rich source of antioxidants and other essential nutrients