The Electrodeless Bulb
• Long bulb lifetime. 300 watt/inch mercury bulbs with full
8000-hour warranty. Many users report lifetimes well in
excess of warranty period.
• Rapid start and restart. Eliminates requirement for shutters
and associated shutter mechanisms.
• High UV/low IR output. Optimized bulb fill to give maximum
ultraviolet output with minimum infrared. Less heat to
• Rapid bulb change. Bulb replacement requires minimal
• Full cure width maintained throughout bulb life.
No blackening at bulb ends; therefore, no decrease in cure
width with age of bulb.
• Several different spectral outputs. Enables users to optimize
UV wavelength with the reactive sensitivity of chemistry being
used and the desired properties of the end product.
Rigid aluminum construction incorporates both the bulb and
reflector assembly. The major benefits of this design are:
• Focused elliptical reflector. Concentrates maximum
UV energy on substrate. Simple bulb changes can be
accomplished in minutes.
• Positive air cooling. No water cooling required. Positive air
flow through the reflector forces dirt, dust, and vapors away
from the reflectors and the bulb, maintaining system
cleanliness and reducing maintenance.
• Engineered modular design. Adjustable cure width with no
limitations. The 10" modules can be placed end-to-end for
uniform cure, or turned on independently to save energy costs
for narrow width runs on wide systems.
The Power Supply
The power supply embodies simple controls and easy
interconnect. Its benefits are:
• On/off/standby control. Allows easier, quicker job/press
• Safety interlocks.
• Production line connections. Lamps automatically switch
on and off with production line.
• Production interlock. Lamp output monitored to eliminate
• Pullout control board. Eases service and component change.
• Full fault indicator array. If any section of the UV curing
the location of
supply to control