Chemical Formula: Na2Cr2O7·2H2O, molecular weight: 298.00.
Bright orange monoclinic needle shaped or granular crystal, dehydrated to copper-brown substance at 84.6 degree celsius.
Deliquesces readily in air, and easily soluble in water, forming an acidic orange solution. A strong oxidizing agent in an acidic medium. Poisonous.
Mainly used in the manufacture of chromium anhydride, yellow pigments and other chromate salts.
Also used in leather tanning, textile dyeing, electroplating, medicine, lipids, oil-well drilling and wood preservation etc.
1. Avoid moisture, heat and shock during storage and transportation. Keep away from combustibles.
2. Do not store with foodstuff or strong reducers.
3. Avoid contacting with eyes and skin.
4. Personal protective appliance should be equipped with, such as self-suction respirator, acid-proofing rubber gloves, security coat and boot, chemical-resistant protective glasses.
5. In case of leakage, reduce with 10% sulfuric acid and ferrous sulfate, and neutralize with calcium oxide immediately.
Packaging:In pp woven bags, 25kg, or 50kg net.