Seahive system consists of hexagonal interlocking extruded armour units that safe guards against wave and climate erosion. It is an established design, engineered and proven on coastal revampment projects around the world. Its applications are though not limited to:
- Coastal revertments and sea walls
- Bank protection for marinas and canal developments
- Boats and ferry access ramps
- Earthbanks stabilization against run off
- Highway bridge abatements
- cooling water dams
- road embankments
The advantages gained:
- non slip surface and minimum hold size allow water-edge pedestrian access and small craft launching and retrieval.
- no maintenance as they are free from chemical attack and weathering.
- small holes impede the collection of rubbish and breeding grounds for vermin.
- Aesthetically pleasing, allowing landscape right up to water edge.
- cost less because they use less material, are self locating and up to 10 times lighter than rock, making them easy to lay.
- in low load bearing soils, the reduction in armour mass reduces settlement and improve slope stability. (maximum gradient 1V:1.5H)
- Vitrified clay lasts forever.