The Digital Strip Train of Roll is aimed at automatically rolling semi-finished METAL STRIPS having a previously set thickness and a width with centesimal tolerances. The obtained metal plates are suitable to be used in machines for the production of balls, small rolls, decorative chains and other metal products.
The metal strips are wound off by a spool placed on one side of the machine and wound on another spool placed on the opposite side.
The rolling process is carried out by means of several steps since the machine is equipped with reversing device. During the last phase, after having achieved the desired thickness, the machine will cut the strip with the desired width. The cutter functions by means of a pneumatic system (by compressed air).
The rolling mechanics is obtained by means of nr.2 opposite rolls rotating and whose distance is adjusted by means of an electro-mechanical system controlled by means of PLC.
The built-in PLC includes many functions, and in particular:
1. It enables the operator to set the input and the output (desired) thickness;
2. To set the direction of the rolling process;
3. To calculate the number of rolling phases to be carried out and the rolling percentage for each phase;
4. To set the working speed;
5. To set the difference in speed between the two spools so as to keep the metal strip always under control.
The rolling head is equipped by means of an automatic lubrication system with open circuit.
The rolling head is equipped with a system for water cooling. It is particularly important to keep the cooling water at a constant temperature in order to achieve the maximum working quality .
In order to set the working status on the machine one can select the MANUAL function and some movements can be managed by means of a manual procedure.