G-161X TAG Additive Release Agent is a very efficient internal release agent with lubricant properties, formulated for polyester resins. G- 161X is free of silicones. Due to its chemical consistency G- 161X allows for post- treatment after release such as painting or foaming on top of the created surface without any additional treatment such as sanding.
- Appearance: liquid, clear
- Density: ca. 0,86 g/ml (20 °C)
- Pour Point: ca. 20 °C
Application and dosage:
- G- 161X is a ready to use formulation and is added directly to the polyester- or acrylic resin. To achieve the good results, a careful admixing is imperative.
- The exact dosage level of G- 161X depends on the existing processing conditions and has to be evaluated by the customer. Normally the dosage (based on resin solids) varies between 0,5 and 1,0 wt-%.
- We recommend to start on clean molds and to use at the beginning a mold sealer
Handling and storage:
The usual care by handling chemicals must be noticed. Keep container tightly sealed and store at room temperature. If stored at ambient temperatures this product has a shelf life of at least 12 months.
Prevent the product to reach the environment. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional safety and handling information. Product technical information and data is based on the best information available and does not constitute or imply a warranty or patent infringement of any kind. The user is responsible for testing product suitability prior to use in production.