FOR COLUMNS UP TO 1000/1500 MM DIAMETER AND 3200/3600 MM OF LENGTH FOR MAXIMUM BLADE SIZE 500/625 Ø
- The machine is projected in order to produce in automatic, circular parts, such as columns, vases, basins, fountains, banisters. The tool used is a diamond blade mounted on the electrospindle, assembled on movable bridge. When doing the rough work, a hollow on both ends has to be made, in order to support the workpiece between the counter point and the center, as on any normal machining lathe.
- The machine is composed of a bridge on which is mounted the head carriage. Integrated in the head carriage is the rise and fall mechanism. The machine is mounted on, and translates on two rails which, in turn are mounted on two short walls. This design means that all the precision movements are mounted above the work piece, and thus means they are out of the worst of the dust and slurry which is created. The lower part of the structure comprises of the less fragile components such as work piece support, the counterpoint, and the work piece drive system which comprises of a motor driven gearbox with electronic stepless speed change gear.
- The main structure of the machine (head, bridge, blade head and counter point) are all made from highly resistant cast iron which has perfect resistance to corrosion, together with a perfect dimensional stability, not to mention acoustic benefits. The blade cover and the guide protections are all made of stainless steel for long life. The surface protection of the machine is starting with all the castings being sandblasted and hot-galvanizing of the surfaces in order to guarantee the perfect resistance to the corrosion.
- A pair of synchronised rack and pinions makes the bridge movement (X axis). The bridge moves on oil filled guides, which are protected from the inherent dusty and dirty cutting situation. The movement can be made manually by turning the hand wheel.
- The head movement of cut/ return slide motion (O axis) is also made by a rack and pinion and again moves on oil filled guides, which are protected accordingly. The cut and return speeds are regulated separately from the electronic controls located on the pendant. The operator sets the cut and return limits manually.
- The vertical movement of head rise and fall (Y Axis) is through two chrome-plated columns, which are protected by cover guards, with adjustable top and bottom limits.