The Socket Welding Flange offered by us is a popular type of pipe flange that was initially developed for use on small-sized high- pressure piping. The fabrication of socket welding flanges is similar to that of a slip-on flange. Though, the internal pocket of a socket weld flange allows for a smooth bore and better fluid flow. When provided with an internal weld, the static strength of this flange is equal to slip-on flange, but the fatigue strength is 50% greater than double welding slip-on flanges. Smooth bore conditions in such a flange can easily be attained without having to bevel the flange face and, after welding, to reface the socket weld flange as would be required with slip-on flanges. For this reason, the internally welded flange is popular in chemical process piping.
Material used :
- Alloy steel
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Cast iron
- The recess on the inside diameter of the socket weld flange allows for a good fit of the pipe allowing for a smooth flow of liquid.
- Socket welding flanges work well for smaller sizes and higher pressure temperature conditions. They are similar to slip-on flanges, but must specify the schedule of the pipe where they will be used for with socket welds.
- Stainless Steel : ASTM A 182, A 240
Grade : F304, 304L, 304H, 316, 316L, 316Ti, 310, 310S, 321, 321H, 317, 347, 347H,904L, Duplex stainless steel UNS S31803, 2205, Super Duplex stainless steel UNS S32750
- Carbon Steel : ASTM A 105, ASTM A 181
- Alloy Steel : ASTM A 182, GR F1, F11, F22, F5, F9, F91
- Nickel Alloys : Monel 400 & 500, Inconel 600 & 625, Incolloy 800, 825, Hastelloy C22,C276
- Copper Alloys : Copper, Brass & Gunmetal
- Size : 1/8" NB TO 48"NB.
- Class : 150#, 300#, 400 #, 600#, 900#, 1500# & 2500 #
- ANSI : ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47, MSS SP44, ANSI B16.36, ANSI B16.48
- DIN : DIN2527, DIN2566, DIN2573, DIN2576, DIN2641, DIN2642, DIN2655, DIN2656, DIN2627, DIN2628, DIN2629, DIN 2631, DIN2632, DIN2633, DIN2634, DIN2635, DIN2636, DIN2637, DIN2638, DIN2673
- B.S : BS4504 , BS4504, BS1560, BS10.