Double Twisted Hexagonal Mesh Gabions are rectangular wire mesh baskets filled with rock at the project site to form malleable, permeable,monolithic structures such as retaining walls and structures for various types of civil projects.
The double twisted woven wire will not unravel, even when cut the durabiliq of gabions comes from their wire type and coating—whether it is the heavy galvanized mild steel wire or the
same wire with an additional PVC coating for ultimate rust control.
- Retaining WaIl Structures
- Highways & Bridges
- Erosion Control
- River & Canal Training
- Coastal & River Embankment Works
- Ease of handling and transportation
- Speed of construction & Quicker Assembly
- Flexibility & Endurance
- Permeability to water - gabion structures offer free drainage providing higher bank stability when used for river bank protection.
- Environment Friendly as gabions structures blends easily and harmoniously with the natural surroundings
over the time
Terminology,Technical Specifications & Wire Coating:
Double - twisted wire mesh:
A non raveling mesh made by twisting continuous pairs of wires through two & one half turns (commonly
called double twisted) to form hexagonal shaped opening which are then interconnected to adjacent
wires to from hexagonal opening.
A terminal wire used to edge the wire mesh perpendicular to the double twist by mechanically wrapping
the mesh wire around atleast 2.5 times.
A galvanized wire or galvanized wire with PVC Coating used to assemble and interconnect empty units,to
close and secure stone—lilled units,and internal stiffeners.