GARCINIA is famous for being a successful weight loss supplement because HCA helps in blocking fat and inhibiting the efforts of a metabolic enzyme called citrate lyase. It is the job of this particular enzyme to convert excess carbohydrates and sugar into cholesterol, triglycerides, and fatty acids. The excess amount shall be stored as fat. When a person takes garcinia cambogia, it interrupts the metabolic process. When this happens, HCA slows down the conversion of the present carbohydrates into fats. Hydroxycitric acid is also helpful in increasing a person’s metabolism. HCA increases the levels of serotonin in the body. Serotonin an essential brain chemical which serves as a neurotransmitter and helps curbs the sugar cravings and appetite of an individual.
- It acts by promoting oxidation of lipids and hence results in lowering the lipid profiles
- It inhibits the conversion of glycogen to glucose leading in non conversion of fat tissue
- Glycogen suppresses the brain satiety centre and hence suppresses the appetite
- It increases the level of Serotonin in the brain, which regulates the appetite
- It promotes thermo genesis, which burns the body’s calories