GUDUCHI stem contains alkaloidal constituents, including berberine and bitter principals, including columbin, chasmanthin, palmarin, tinosporon, tinosporic acid and tinosporol. The drug is reported to possess one fifth of the analgesic effect of sodium salicylate, which is commonly used in allopathic medicine as an analgesic and an antipyretic (to combat fever).The herb helps increase the effectiveness of the protective white blood cells and builds up the body's own defence mechanism. It inhibits bacterial growth and increases the body’s immunity by enhancing the functioning of protective cells and macrophages. It is recommended as an adjuvant to patients undergoing chemotherapy. Its aqueous extract has a high phagocytic index, which improves the functioning of protective cells. Guduchi is effective in the management of respiratory, skin and soft tissue infections.
- The active constituents of Guduchi, Tinocordiside and syringe have reported potent immunomodulatory activity by boosting the phagocytic activity of macrophages
- Tinospora cordifolia has shown its anti diabetic activity by mitigating oxidative stress (OS), promoting insulin secretion and also by inhibiting gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis, thereby regulating blood glucose
- Tinospora cordifolia has shown to be potent anti-osteoporotic agent
- Guduchi is an anti microbial agent effective against Gram positive bacteria
- Potent anti oxidant useful in the treatment of Jaundice, Fever, Chronic diarrhoea