LASUNA (Garlic)is best known as a flavoring for food. But over the years, garlic has been used as a medicine to prevent or treat a wide range of diseases and conditions. Allicin is the principle chemical constituent of Garlic and Garlic is believed to impart the anti-cholesterol effect. Garlic is used for many conditions related to the heart and blood system. These conditions include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease,heart attack, and “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis). Some of these uses are supported by science. Garlic actually may be effective in slowing the development of atherosclerosis and seems to be able to modestly reduce blood pressure.
- Potent anti bacterial and anti viral
- The chemical in Garlic called ajoene, is used to treat various skin infections like psoriasis and athlete’s foot
- Ajoene also prevents the clotting in the blood and hence, used secondary anti hypertensive treatment
- Garlic provides elasticity to the cardiac muscles and hence acts as a cardioprotective
- It increases insulin levels in body and helps maintains the blood glucose level
- It regulates the deposition of adipose tissue in the body. Helps to maintain normal body weight