TURMERIC is highly therapeutic and is used in various drugs and pharmaceutics mainly because of its immunity boosting and anti-oxidant properties. Free radical causing oxidative damage of DNA and proteins are associated with a variety of chronic diseases such as cancer, atherosclerosis, and neurodegenerative diseases. Curcumin plays an important role in curbing these conditions. Alzheimer's disease is a neurodegenerative disease characterized by progressive cognitive deterioration together with declining activities of daily living and behavioral changes. Various effects of curcumin, such as decreased Beta-amyloid plaques, delayed degradation of neurons, metal-chelation, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant property, improve overall memory in Alzheimer’s patients.
- Protects the liver by inhibiting the free radical damage of the fats and induces the formation of Liver detoxification enzyme
- It has shown its effects in combating Alzheimer’s disease
- Various chronic conditions like Ulcerative colitis, Hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s disease can be treated with Turmeric
- It is an excellent anti inflammatory and hence helps in healing wounds when applied topically
- Removes toxins and purifies blood