distribution panels are intended to provide necessary ac or dc supplies to the ac or dc machines. There are two different distribution panels available. These are classified as ac distribution panel or dc distribution panel. The ac supply (three phase) to an ac machine is routed through ac panel, and while dc supply is routed through dc panel. This is similar to a distribution board, in function. Each machine gets its ac or dc supply either from the mains or from the rectifier unit respectively, through these panels only. I. E. The supply for each machine is routed through this distribution panel. The supply to each machine is suitably switched on / off through a suitably protected mcb. This provides protection to each machine. Routing supply through these panels allow you to switch on or off using respective switch gear, there by power can be saved, permitting you to switch on the machines which are required for experimentation, and switching off the remaining machines.
1. Dc distribution panel:
1. Input: dc voltage input 230v dc from the 100a rectifier unit.
2. Output: 230v dc to respective machines
3. Meters: dc voltmeter and dc current meters are used. The dc meter indicates the overall dc voltage available to the dc circuits. There will be line drop at the respective machines, when measured near the machine. This is due to line loss. The current meter indicates the total current drawn by the whole dc circuit through this panel.
4. Switches: 12 different dc circuits can be connected through this panel. Each circuit is protected with an independent mcb. In addition to this a master switch controls the complete dc circuit. When this is in off position, the dc supply to all the dc circuits are switched off.
5. A lamp indicator is used to display the status of power supply. This is illuminated when the power is on.
6. Separate earth connection is provided to the panel. This must be securely connected to the earth.
7. Enclosure: this is assembled in a sturdy cabinet, using sheet steel.
8. Assembly: this has to be assembled on a rigid foundation next to the dc rectifier unit.
note: you must connect elcbs, earth connections, fuse switchgear, all other protective methods must be implemented, wherever required.