This Apparatus is used to measure the time of fall of a steel ball to determine the value of 'g".
The Apparatus consist of :-
- 1 Base
- 1 Steel Rod
- 1 Gate
- 1 Coil
- 1 Centi Second Timer
- 1 Steel Ball
- 1 Soft Cloth
- 1 Connecting Leads
- 1 Scale
How to use :-
- Fix the rod on the stand.
- Now put the mechanical gate on the rod at lower end near base.
- And then the coil as the upper end.
- Connect the fates and coil tothe timer on the points provided. Respective of colors with the connecting leads.
- Switch on the supply.
- Switch the centi second timer to magnetize and fix the steel ball on the coil.
- Now when the ball is magnetizing switch the timer to demagnetize the ball will release and cross the gate and the timer is shown on the display.
- Now our free fall apparatus is ready to use.
- Connect the connecting leads to the timer tightly.
- Carefully adjust the distance between the gate and the coil.
- Clean the apparatus neatly after use.
- Reset the timer every time.