Vibration Analysis Service
Vibration Analysis Service is the primary diagnostic tool for most mechanical systems. Machinery Vibration Diagnosis and Analysis involves a systematic study right from the present condition of vibrations of the machine, diagnosis of the problem areas and suggestive rectifications / repairs. This keeps order to maintain optimum operating conditions and efficiency of critical plant systems.
We at iAdept perform a detailed stock taking and sequencing process before the start of the condition-monitoring program using the latest instruments / tools from the most trusted brands of industry. This is followed by the plan for data collection.
The process :
- All the machines are physically checked,
- Measuring points are identified,
- Time interval between two measurements is fixed (this depends on the criticality of the machine)
- Vibration Measuring parameters are decided (velocity, acceleration and displacement).
- Vibration measurements are recorded and provided to the user.
- A detailed frequency analysis is performed
The exact cause of vibration is identified and corrective action is suggested for exceptional points. If Machine Imbalance is concluded to be the cause of increased Vibration levels, On-site Dynamic Balancing of rotor is performed without dismantling the rotor from the assembly.
Numerous causes of vibration in machines that could be diagnosed using vibration analysis by our team include
- Unbalance or misalignment.
- Mechanical looseness,
- Bad drive belts or chains,
- Bad bearings (anti friction type),
- Hydraulic forces,
- Bent shafts,
- Electromagnetic forces,
- Aerodynamic forces,
- Resonance, worn, damaged or eccentric gears and rubbing
Another application for vibration analysis is also used as an acceptance test to verify that a machine repair was done properly. The analysis can verify whether proper maintenance was carried out on bearing or gear installation, or whether alignment or balancing was done to the required tolerances.