Buyer would have to use own diesel supply mechanism (Common Rail Injector, Pump & Fuel Rail Tester etc.) and the driving source which can be a Diesel FIP test bench or at least a 3 HP / 2.2 KW motor used to drive the Common rail pump.
Application: The common rail system tester CRT 5000 is designed in order to test all types of common rail pumps, injectors and fuel rails of Bosch, Delphi, Denso and Siemens make.
- It provides driving signals to the injector solenoid and can be used to test a CR injector for its delivery, back leak, spray pattern, chattering etc. One can easily measure the return to output delivery ratio on a test bench using the CRT 5000.
- One can vary the pulse width of the injector (W) (in ms – milli seconds).
- Also one can vary the engine RPM (N) which in turn determines the frequency of spray from the injector.
- It provides driving signals to the fuel metering control valve / Solenoid on the CR pump, and can energize it from 0 % to 100 %, i.e. fully closed (zero output delivery) to fully open (maximum output delivery).
- The CRT also provides driving signals to the fuel rail pressure control valve / solenoid which is used to increase / decrease rail pressure by operating a drain / return mechanism to drain out fuel from the fuel rail. As in the case of pump solenoid, this can also be energized between 0 – 100 %.
- Monitors and displays the rail pressure digitally on the LCD display, and provides automatic cut off of fuel supply once rail pressure exceeds 1600 BAR (Overpressure protection)
- Hence the CRT 5000 is also used to test the proper operation of the fuel metering solenoid on pump, fuel rail pressure control valve / solenoid on rail and the fuel rail pressure sensor.
- It is also capable of driving two DRV's / Fuel metering solenoids on Siemens C/R pumps.
- The CRT 5000 electronic unit comes complete with all cables and couplers / adapters suitable for Bosch, Delphi, Denso and Siemens CR injectors, pumps and fuel rails, Operation manual explaining in detail how to operate the equipment, CR injector and pump test data as well as an excellent presentation explaining Common Rail technology on CD.
- Can be customized to work on both 110 V and 220 V power supplies.
Therefore, the CRT 5000 is nothing but an ECU / ECM simulator - it simulates the working of an ECU / ECM in vehicles to provide precise driving signals to the various components of the common rail system, i.e., the CR pump, Fuel rail and the CR injectors. Also like the ECU it receives feedback from the pressure sensor on the rail and displays the rail pressure digitally.