* Facilitates a safe, fast needle withdrawl in emergency situations.
* Reduced risk of needle stick injury from both the donor and sampling needles.
* An interactive process, providing needle stability during phlebotomy.
* Improves safety during subsequent procedures, stripping, transportation and segmenting.
* Improved safety in the workplace.
* Reduced poential for needle stick injury resulting in potential cost savings.
* Compatible with current blood collection and manufacturing procedures.
* Inexpensive, easy to use, and easy to implement.
* Stabilises needle hub, thereby reducing risk of injury or haemotoma
* Improved blood donor comfort on withdrawl of needle.
DonorCare has many features that are easily integrated into existing procedures. It has been designed in close consultation with Red Cross Blood Service Nursing personnel.
The DonorCare needleguard locks together with companion Samplok tube holder at the end of blood collection procedures. When locked together, DonorCare and SampLok provide a safe, secure system prior to disposal in the sharps container.