This specification covers the requirement of RCC Hume Pipe used for culverts, irrigation, drain and Sewer lines.
- Class : Light duty- NP2, Medium Duty- NP3, Heavy Duty- NP4
- Density : Optimum water cement ratio and High density.
- Length : 2Â &Â 2.5 meter and as per requirement
- Diameter Of RCC Hume Pipe : 80, 100, 150. 200, 225, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 600, 700,800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1400, 1600 & 1800.
- Joints : Socket and Spigot, Collar Joints andÂ Flush Joints
- Design : Design of the RCC Hume pipe as per IS: 458/2003 (Fourth revision)
Hume Pipe Selection and laying guidelines
- First understand your site requirements and use of Pipe. Then choose the diameter and type of joints as per the design.
- Check the quality of Hume pipe at site, thoroughly examine the pipe and ensure that there is no leakage. Simultaneously check the inside Spun pipe surface and ensure smooth finish to minimize the scouring and friction loss.
- Pipe joints should be fixed properly and on site leakage inspection should be carried out before backfilling the pipes.
- Before and afterÂ laying of Pipe ensure proper compaction and gradient to prevent any damage due to heavy load after installation. If required, Cement concrete hunching is done.