Easy-to-use Jones & Shipman icon based software is combined with a Fanuc® touchscreen control which can interpolate two or more axes simultaneously, to enable precision grinding of complex shapes, angles and surfaces. This extremely simple system guides the operator and allows him to digitise positions and create programs without any computer knowledge.
At start-up the operator is offered three simple options: Manual, Dress or Grind Cycle mode.
Manual Mode enables the grinder to operate as a simple hand controlled machine, with manual dress and no setup procedures. Work speeds and feeds are adjustable via the touchscreen.
Basic Dress Mode has straight dress option only.
Advanced Dress Mode offers five standard wheel shape options, Flat, Slot, Facing, Vee form and full ISO with one or two diamonds as needed.
On both models Dressing increments, speeds and frequency are offered via the menus.
Grind Cycle Mode allows from 1 only, or up to 20 grind cycles, as the complexity of the component dictates.
Operator friendly features include DIGITISE during setup, DRESS ON DEMAND at any time and TRIM for both dress and grind Datums plus a RE-GRIND for any individually selected grind element without having to alter or adjust any program.
* Fanuc® 'Self Teach' Touchscreen control
* Easy & Rapid Set up for Automatic Cycles
* Easy Manual Operation
* In Cycle/Out of Cycle Dressing with Full Compensation
* Dress on Demand with Full Compensation
* Regrind facility
* No Expensive & Complex Dressing Devices Required
* Easy Down load/Up load to PC, PDA or Network
* Basic software suite has Straight Dress and Surface Grinding Cycles only
Advanced software suite includes the following:
* Dressing and Grinding cycles
* Straight, Facing, Slotting or Vee Form wheel Macros
* Easy Form Dressing of Complex Profiles
* Plunge, Area, Face, Multi-Plunge, Multi-Slot, Multi-Plunge & Area grind Macros