Petrochemical and chemical processing:
- PTFE components are the ideal choice for these industries because it is corrosion resistant and chemically inert
- It is unaffected by virtually all acids and caustics and functions in environment upto 500 degrees F.
- PTFE is one of the best insulators known. In thin sections, it will insulate upto 500 volts per mil.
- Filler grades of PTFE have greater dielectric strength. It is frequently used in wire and cable.
- PTFE can be machined for use in insulators and many different types of high voltage encapsulation devices for electrical components.
- PTFE has characteristics of inertness and can operate in temperature ranging is from - 350 degree F to 550 degree F.
- Various components of PTTE used in chip manufacturing and for heaters.
Food, Beverage abd Pharmaceutical industries:
- Virgin PTTE is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in the food, beverage, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
- PTFE components like guide rails and slides-can withstand high temperatures inside baking and drying ovens and other heated segments of the food, cosmetics or pharmaceuticals manufacturing processes.
- PTFE components are used in various laboratory ware because of their chemical resistance and inertness.
- No contaminants adhere to the surface
- Glass filled PTFE can be cut or stamped into bearing pads.
- It will act as inert interface between various constructions material such as steel & concrete.