Over the time, VCI has gained popularity in the packaging industry and is used extensively. VCI forms a hidden molecular safety layer on the metal. The chemicals that are found in the corrosion inhibitor evaporate from the diverse products (PE film, PUR foam, paper, tablets etc) to saturate the closed atmosphere. Once the atmosphere around the metal is saturated, a thin molecular safety cover is formed on the metal, inhibiting corrosion. Thus moisture or impurities in the air surrounding the metal can no longer control metal to corrode.
Clients from various industries can use VCI technology as it can be incorporated in different materials such as:
• Polyethylene film
• Foam pieces
• Paper and corrugated
• Powder and tablets
• Liquids (oil-based, water-based, Soya-based)
• Laminated products
Following are some of the advantages offered by VCI Products:
• It is very effective in hermetically sealed container
• It helps in protecting inaccessible parts and complete assembled equipment and machineries.
• A VCI product saves time, money and labor in comparison to the conventional protecting systems.
• It completely eliminates the hazardous fumes associated with the de-preservation solvents
• It also economizes the floor space required for conventional preservatives and de-preservation.