Reference Film originates from ASTM Standards, which refers to as the standard material that is used for the unification and standardization of gas permeability tests with various methods. In accordance with the requirements of NIST (the National Institute of Standard and Technology), both polycarbonate (PC) and polyethylene phthalate polymers (PET) can be used as materials that ensure the stability and uniformity of the reference films. The Reference Film for Gas permeability Test of Labthink has been approved by State Administration for Quality Supervision and Inspection and Quarantine of the People’s Republic of China (AQSIQ) and registered as Scientific and Technological Achievement.
- The thickness of the reference film should be uniform. In accordance with GB/T 6672, at least 5 points in the specimen should be measured.
- The average value can be calculated with the recorded maximum and minimum values.
- The thickness of the reference film is indicated in the Certification of Reference Film.
- Reference film should be homogeneous and free of impurity and conform to the requirements of NIST
- The reference film should be representative and free of any folds, creases, pinholes, contaminations or other uncertain defects