LAMBDA Preciflow, Multifflow, Hiflow and Maxiflow peristaltic pumps have been developed for continuous cultures as the result of twenty years of laboratory experience and involved the systematic elimination of the imperfections found in other pumps on the market.
The result is a practical, precise and reliable pump, which is the most compact in its class:
- Flow rates from 0.01 to 10000 ml/hour
- Digital speed setting from 0 to 999
- New motor technology
- Extensive remote controls
- Greatly extended tubing life and decreased pulsation
- Flow rate programming (up to 99 steps)
- By programming zero flow rates the pump can be switched on and off without using a timer
- Very economic in use while using low cost tubing without stoppers
- Most compact pump of its class on the market
- Access to reaction kinetics by using the LAMBDA pump-flow INTEGRATOR
- Low voltage plug-in power supply for maximum safety
- RS-485 interface (optional)
- Control software PNet (optional)
The special mechanics of LAMBDA peristaltic pumps has been developed because no pump could be used for continuous fermentation lasting up to eight weeks.
The most frequent problems of traditional peristaltic pumps are:
- Aspiration of the tubing by the mechanics.
- Rupture of the tubing and leaking of the solution.
- Flow rate decrease over time.
- When a continuous process is interrupted a lot of time and money are lost.