India Chemical Industries (Amritsar, India), the second in India to start manufacturing dyestuffs was born in the year 1939 due to the sincere efforts and vision of Late Mr.Shorilal Sehgal and his two partners. In 1956, the untimely demise of Mr. Shorilal Sehgal forced Mr. R.K Sehgal,his young but very diligent son to replace him as partner. Backed with the experience that working at India Chemical Industry gave him he ventured to form his own organization. His determination and sincere efforts laid the foundation for Lotus Enterprise as we know it today.
- In 1965 Mahalaxmi texile industries was started in Amritsar manufacturing Direct Dyes, Acid Dyes and Metal Complex Dyes .
- In 1975 a manufacturing unit was started in Mumbai’s industrial area at Thane Belapur under the name of lotus Enterprise.
- In 1983 Punjab Rang Udyog started in Amritsar manufacturing acid dyes.
- 2007, Lotus Enterprise(Thane,Maharashtra) extended its manufacturing capacity to replace the units at Amritsar and became the sole producer of the above mentioned products.
- The head office is situated at Mumbai’s Commercial Centre close to all avenues of infrastructure such as Railways, Government Agencies & Commercial establishments since 1961.