It is difficult to sterilize catheterization or endoscope equipment , and other sizable and sensitive apparatuses to the heat. Use of the ordinary sterilizing techniques may adversely affect the condition of the devices used and could cause damage to them.
Sydex solution remains effective 28 days after being activated by Sydex powder, a feature that distinguishes this product from similar products.
2% Glutaraldehyde, excipient, and water. Attached with this product is an activating agent in the form of powder.
After activating with the attached powder, Sydex can be used to kill the following types of germs and viruses:
· Pseudomonas aeruginosa
· Mycobacterium tuberculosis
· AIDS virus
· Hepatitis B virus
· Broad-spectrum of bacteria
Sydex sterilizes all surgical instruments, including those made of carbon steel, copper, yellow copper, chrome, and aluminum.
It is an easy-to-use product, and has a green indicator that appears when the product has been activated.
It is not affected by organic materials.
It has the property of remaining effective 28 days after being activated.
Prior to disinfecting and sterilizing the contaminated medical equipment and instruments, they must be properly washed with water, dried then fully immersed in the activated Sydex solution.
(1) Direction for activating Sydex:
Empty the contents of the attached activating agent into a gallon of Sydex solution. Stir the solution until the powder melts.
- Sydex remains ineffective until activated by attached activating powder.
- Each gallon of Sydex is attached with sufficient quantity of the activating powder.
- The product must not be diluted, whether before or after activation.
(2) Disinfection instructions:
Immerse completely for a minimum of 10 minutes to destroy vegetative pathogens including Pseudomonas aerogenosa and viruses such as hepatitis B and HTL V III on inanimate surfaces.
For destruction of Mycobacterium tuberculoses immerse a minimum of 1 hour.
Remove equipment from Sydex solution and rinse with sterile water.
Immerse completely for 10 hours to destroy resistant pathogenic spores including Clostridium sporogenes and Clostridium tetani.
Remove equipment from Sydex solution using sterile technique and rinse thoroughly in sterile water.
- Harmful if swallowed.
- Skin: Avoid contact as the possibility of sensitization exists. If contact occurs wash thoroughly with water.
- Eyes: in case of contact, flash with water immediately and consult a doctor.
Capacity available: 1 liter / 5 liter