Zak is a mouth wash containing Chlohexidine gluconate 0.12% (ADA approved rate), Sodium fluoride 0.05%, Glycerin, Acesulfame k (a Carbohydrates free sweetener), food colorant and flavor.
Our company has succeeded to develop this new product, which contains Chlorhexidine responsible for the bitter taste in the rest of other similar brands
and making it more pleasant and mildly refreshing.
Zak is presented in three flavors:
- Zak –mint
- Zak- Strawberry
- Zak Eucalyptus
Antibacterial & antifungal effect:
Zak helps reduce 54-97% of aerobic and anaerobic germs within six months from use. It is also effective against Candida albicans.
- 30% of Chlorhexidine gluconate remains in the mouth cavity after using Zak, to be slowly released in the saliva within 6 hours.
- Fluoride reduces plaque formation without causing any harm to the gum.
- Zak helps teeth to be stronger
- Fluoride helps mineralizing the tooth enamel.
Zak is recommended between dental visits as an essential part of the gum treatment program
- Swollen and redness gum
- Bleeding gum during probe test
- To fight mouth bad smell, especially in false- toothed people
- To use as disinfectant for the removable teeth at night
- Zak is also considered for preventive purposes due to its Sodium Fluoride content
Zak should not be used by patients who are sensitive to Chlorhexidine gluconate.
- It is advised to visit the dentist to remove plaque once every six months.
- Occurrence of allergy to Zak is rare.
- Zak may cause stains to certain persons at the inner mouth surface, the teeth, fillings, replaced teeth and the back of the tongue. The stains can often be removed after repeated use of product, while they tend to remain in some persons. However, these stains can be removed by using an effective toothpaste like (Medic) Toothpaste.
It should be noted that the forming stains do not have any effect on the health of the gum or the oral tissues.
Use in pregnancies:
Studies are still underway as to impact of Chlorhexidine on pregnancy. However, lab tests showed no evidence of impaired fertility in rats and rabbits at doses up to 100mg/kg/day of Chlorhexidine.
Similar results were also demonstrated at 300mg/kg and 400 mg/kg subsequently provided.
As no conclusive results have been reached, it would be safer to take precaution in this regard.
Use in nursing mothers:
It is still unknown whether this product is execrated in human milk, Therefore, caution should be adopted in this connection.
Use in children:
It is completely safe to use Zak in children over 6 years of age.
Children under six should not use it for fear that it could be swallowed due to children’s failure to rinse.
Dosage and indication:
- Zak indicates immediately after dental treatments.
- Zak should be used for a period of 6 months, after cleaning of teeth and plaque removal procedure.
- Zak can be used after oral surgeries.
Dosage and administration:
Zak should be used as a mouth wash twice a day, morning and evening after brushing. Each rinse should last 30 seconds.
Recommended dose is 10ml per rinse without dilution, using the measuring cup on top of bottle. This will be filled when pressing the package, the excessive quantity return to bottle.
Zak is available in two volumes: 180ml and 300ml
Zak is available in following flavors:
1. Strong mint (refreshing & cooling)
2. Natural strawberry
3. Eucalyptus (refreshing and invigorating for the respiratory system)