Expandable microsphere with thermoplastic cell containing low boiling point liquid hydrocarbon. When heated, microspheres expands greatly in size; the heat boils hydrocarbon while softens the thermoplastic shell and expands the shell.
Because it is hollow balloon, it creates closed cell structure. By selecting the appropriate grade, you can optimize the expansion starting temperature or degree of expansion.
APPLICATION: It can be used in weight reduction and appearance improvement purpose for thermoplastics, inks, and coatings.
Structural Foam (EVA-EM, PVC, PP, PE, Epoxy, Rubber, Silicon, etc,), Wall Paper, Sound Damping Coating, Clay, Shoes, and functional filler. It can be used as mating agent as well.Process It can be used in extrusion molding, injection molding, coating, and various other processes such as Press Molding, Blow Molding, and etc.
Characteristics of Thermal Expandable Microspheres
Characteristics of Thermal Expandable Microspheres After expansion, it creates very low density micro-balloons with the following characteristics.
- Fine, uniform, closed-cell structure
- Expands even in low viscosity system
- No surface pin holes
- Cell size can be controlled by selecting the appropriate grade
- The heat needed to expand the spheres ranges from 80 to 250°C depending on grade.
- Expancel microspheres are available in different sizes and forms
- 1 g of Expancel may contain as many as 15 billion microspheres.
- 1 m³ (1000 l) of Expancel weigh only 12 to 35 kg, depending on grade.