MATRUSREE’s Cast Band Heaters have proven to be the most effective method for heating and cooling the barrels of plastics processing extruders. They are extremely efficient, providing thousands of hours of dependable, trouble free service. Specifically for close contact heating enabling precise heat conduction. Cast Aluminum heaters are machined to fine limits and complex patterns are achieved. They can be produced to your specifications or drawings, alternatively, against your sample. MATRUSREE offers CAST-IN band heaters with liquid and/or air-cooling functions. Liquid cooling incorporates tubing formed to a specific shape and casted as part of the heater assembly creating a passage for processing water or heat transfer solutions to dissipate the heat. Air-cooling incorporates numerous fins casted to the O.D. surface of the band.
- Habitually, liquid cooled Cast-In Heaters have been the more frequently employed method of controlling the melt temperature of extrusion barrels.
- There is no doubt about the effectiveness and speed of liquid cooled castings in removing heat from the extrusion process.
- Air Cooled Cast-In Heaters are virtually maintenance free and therefore, when properly installed and applied, have the capability to far outlast their liquid cooled counterparts.
- Since cooling tubes are not used, the possibility of breakage, cracking or becoming clogged with brine or mineral deposits is not a concern.
- Additionally, Air Cooled Cast-In Heaters do not require an expensive cooling tower or heat exchange system, extensive plumbing systems and labor for installation.
- These factors along with the benefit of being maintenance free make MATRUSREE’s Air Cooled Cast-In Heaters an economical and practical source for your extrusion heating and cooling application.
- In certain instances where air-cooling alone will not sufficiently cool the process, liquid cooling tubes can be cast into the heater as well to maximize BTU removal.