The neutral Earth Switch is design for the used in the rural distribution environment. It is an established, robust and reliable design which has been fully type tested to international standards (IEC265 and IEC694).
The Double Side Break (DSB) is installed for sectionalizing and isolating various circuits and equipment in substation system. The “Double Break” operation is electrically superior to the “Single Break” because two breaks in series per phase are achieved. This produces a neutral potential switch blade in the open position which permits minimum phase centre mounting. The “Double Break” isolator and the manual operating mechanism drives are fully universal, therefore suitable for either horizontal or vertical mounting.
• The DSB incorporates reverse loop contact fingers made from silver plated HD-HC Copper. Each contact finger is backed by a stainless steel insulated compression spring to give positive contact pressure.
• Interchangeable “moving contacts” are made from HC extruded copper section. The profile of the moving contact is designed for high density current and multi point contact as well as producing a “wipe clean” action when the switch is opened and closed.
• Copper main blade to suit current rating is bolted to the rotating centre post.
• Terminal pads of aluminum or copper alloy with standard BS or NEMA four hole fixings are provided. All copper components are heavily tinned over areas in contact with aluminum.
• Base Section is made from galvanized steel channel with insulator leveling/fixing bolts.
Rotating centre post main bearing assembly incorporating well spaced double taper roller bearings pre-loaded to compensate for heavy high voltage insulators. The bearing housing is packed with grease on assembly and seal for life, eliminating the need of any maintenance.