We are instrumental in offering a wide range of Sink Roll, which is manufactured using 300 or 400 series stainless steel. Being resistant to extreme temperatures & high corrosion, these rolls can easily withstand harsh working conditions. To suit the specific requirements of our clients, we offer these rolls in various customized sizes and shapes.
Sink rolls are an simple but difficult roll to build
They work in a very corrosive environment, i.e. molten zinc, galvalume, galvanneal, lead and aluminum
They will typically see temperatures in excess of 800 degrees Fahrenheit for weeks at a time
Material used are made to withstand this criteria, so they are also difficult to machine
The above roll is made from a 300 or 400 series stainless steel
The body is a centrifugal cast stainless steel and the end bell/journal is from a static casting
- Material: Stainless steel that could withstand extreme temperatures & high corrosion for longer periods of time
- Body Shape: There is a variety of different shapes put in the body from straight body, crowned and tapered
- Grooves: A variety of groove patterns and pitches based on customers specifications. Special grooves for carbide coatings are also available.
- Coatings: Most automotive product lines have carbide, but some of these rolls have no coatings on them
- Balance: These rolls can operate at high line speeds, but due to the fact they sit in molten liquid, they typically are static balanced
- Life: An uncoated roll may last up to 2 weeks, but with carbide coatings and special bushings, they have lasted up to 5 weeks