Polysulfones are a family of thermoplastic polymers. These polymers are known for their toughness and stability at high temperatures. They contain the subunit aryl-SO2-aryl, the defining feature of which is the sulfone group.Due to the high cost of raw materials and processing, polysulfones are used in specialty applications and often are a superior replacement for polycarbonates. Polysulfone is often used as a copolymer.
- Very high dimensional stability
- Highly resistant to mineral acids, alkali, and electrolytes
- Resistant to oxidizing agents
- High compaction resistance
- Resistant to high temperatures
Temp Range: −100 °C and 150 °C
Used in medical applications requiring autoclave and steam sterilization. Also used in the automotive and electronic industries.