The granulated SSP is produced by granulation of SSP in the granulation plant. The granulation is done because the nutrients remain available for a longer time. The granule releases the nutrients very slowly. This process improves the nutrient utilization.
Raw Materials And Their Resources :
The raw materials for manufacturing SSP are as follows:
- Rock Phosphate: Rock Phosphate is mined in many countries like India, China, Israel, Jordan, Syria, Morocco, Egypt, Malaysia, Indonesia and many African & American countries. The 31% plus grade is suitable for the production
- Sulfuric Acid: The technical grade Sulfuric acid that is 98.5% pure is suitable for the process. However spent sulfuric acid from other industries like textiles, Detergent and which is a waste, can also be used along with the technical grade sulfuric acid in the plants designed by us.
- Fuel: To dry GSSP any fuel like Furnace Oil, H.S. Diesel, LDO etc may be used.
- FILLERS: Gypsum, Sand etc.
Process Of Manufacturing :
The Rock phosphate brought from the mines is stored in rock storage shade. This is very important because it is very difficult to ground wet Rock phosphate. If the Rock Phosphate is received wet, first of all it has to be dried with the help of Rock dryer. The rock dryer contains a drum connected with a Hot air generator and cyclone with ID fan & scrubber. The dried Rock is fed to a Ball Mill to grind it to -100 mesh (90%). The ground Rock is stored in the Ground Rock hopper. The Sulfuric acid received from the manufacturer is stored in the Sulfuric acid storage tanks. The special lined tank may be used for the spent acid storage.
The reaction between the raw materials takes place in the mixer. The mixer is a vessel with acid and heat resistant lining. The ground Rock Phosphate is controlled, weighed and fed to the mixer with the help of rotary airlocks, screw conveyors and elevator. The Sulfuric acid is pumped, controlled, measured and fed into the mixer with the help of pumps, pipelines, Rotameter and valves. The mixed material is kneaded for some time and dumped into a Den. The den is a enclosed, acid & heat resistant lined and slow moving conveyor. The materials keep on reacting for about an hour. The mixer and den are connected to an ID Fan through the scrubbers to scrub the emitted gases. The mixed material which was a free flowing slurry in the mixer becomes a semi solid in the den and becomes a cake at the discharge end of the den. At the discharge end of the den the cake is disintegrated by den cutter. The reaction is very fast and exothermic. The reaction rate depends on many parameters but most importantly it depends on the origin of rock Phosphate.
Properties Of Single Super Phosphate
- Free flowing powder and Granules Grayish to brownish white angle of repose 36O slight Hygroscopic / Caking at long storage acidic in nature, stored in dry place
Quality Specifications :
- Powder SSP(Green super phosphate)
- Moisture Contents Max 12%
- Free Acidity Max 4%
- Water Soluble P2O5 Min 16