Detuned Reactors or Harmonic Filter Reactors are used for filtering harmonics and high frequency disturbances to capacitor banks and thus improves the operating life span of the capacitor. The amount of attenuation depends on the harmonic frequency and network relations. Filter reactors and capacitors are tuned to the frequency close to harmonic frequency. Most common resonance frequency is 189Hz and the impedance factor is 7%.
A. Features of Detuned Reactor:
1. Detuned reactor adopts highly heat-resistant and insulated materials.
2. It employs high-quality cold rolled silicon steel sheet, which causes low lost and are superior in high frequency characteristics.
3. Low magnetic flux intensity, superior linearity, large overload capacity.
4. It uses vacuum pressure impregnation to ensure low noise and high anti-corrosive performance.
B. Applications of Detuned Reactor:
1. Restrain higher harmonics and inrush phenomenon
2. Improve power factor of system
3. Reduce pollution caused by harmonic reactor
4. Avoid over amplification and harmonic resonance caused by the access of capacitor