Side creels are not only a valuable means of rationalization for high-system circular knitting machines, they also provide the means to avoid faults and increase efficiency for the entire plant of machinery.
With the side creel, the yarn bobbin and the knitting point are further away from each other. Due to its modular design, the side creel is freely expandable in its capacity as creeling device. Advantages of side creels are:
- More convenient and comfortable to load than top bobbin tackle.
- The ever increasing weight of the yarn bobbin and the top bobbin tackle is no longer on the knitting machine.
- The bobbin can be replaced while the machine is in operation.
- The bobbins are more easily accessible.
- The lint forming on the bobbins can no longer drop onto the knitting elements, avoiding production interruptions and quality impairments.