Ductility Testing Machine
Electrically Operated for determining the ductility of asphalt and bitumen. The ductility of bitumen is expressed as the distance in centimeters to which a standard briquette can be elongated before the thread thus formed breaks under specified conditions. The ductility testing machine is designed to test three specimens simultaneously, and consists of a bath thermostatically controlled with inlet and outlet taps and is equipped with an electric pump circulator & heater and carriage moving over a lead screw. Fixed and movable brackets are so positioned that specimen is submerged in water throughout. A clutch arrangement is made to stop the movement of the movable bracket when rapture of the specimen is noticed. An electric motor driven reduction gear unit ensures smooth constant speed and continuous operation and provides two rates of pull / travel, i.e., 50mm/min and 10 mm/min in the machine.
The ductility testing machine is fitted with ½ HP motor. Suitable for Operation on 220V, Single Phase, 50Hz, AC Supply.
- The Machine consist of the following :
- Stainless steel bath
- Temperature controller (Thermostatic/Digital)
- Immersion electric heater
- Constant speed Pump cum stirrer
- Carriage holding up to three standard briquette moulds
- Electric motor with gear mechanism
- Stainless steel scale and pointer
- Control Panel
- Accessories : 1. Thermometer IP 38 C, range 23ºC to 27ºC. 2. Briquette mould with base-plate.