Item code: MTS-3518
Electronic Triaxial Shear Test Apparatus Motorised
The settlement of foundations and changes in earth pressure due to movement of retaining walls or other earth supports, the yield of soil caused by application of load, are affected by the stress-strain relationship of soils. The experimental investigation for determining the stress-strain relation is usually carried out with Triaxial Compression Test. During the test, the soil samples gradually stressed up to failure. Generally speaking, Triaxial Tests are performed to stimulate different types of stress and drainage conditions that can occur in the sub-soil for simulating the effect of building construction, excavation, tunneling etc. Three different Triaxial Tests are usually performed for total and effective stress measurement. The 50 kN capacity machine, designed primarily for triaxial testing of soil specimens upto 100mm diameter x 200 mm long, comprises a rigid twin column construction with an integral fully variable.
Models available digital triaxial system Microprocessor controlled drive unit and LCD display with a touch sensitive keyboard. The machine is normally bench mounted for ease of installation and operation. The digital indication of the load, pressure and the strain are displayed on the front panel of the load frame. Selector switch has been provided to shift the digital indicator from load to pressure or to strain.
- Capacity : 50kN
- Capacity Capacity : Microprocessor Controlled Stepper Motor Drive
- Platen speed range : 0.00001mm/min. to 9.99999 mm/min.
- Rapid Approach Speed : 25 mm/min.
- Horizontal Clearance : 364 mm
- Max. Vertical Clearance : 910 mm
- Max. Platen Travel : 100 mm
- Specimen Dia : 38 mm (50, 75 & 100 mm can also be used)
- Universal Electronic Load Cell : 10 kN cap.
- L.V.D.T. : 0-20mm
- Pore Pressure Transducer : 20 bar cap.
- Electrical supply : 230V, Single Phase, 50 cycles, A.C.