Gear Pump Demonstration Unit
The Gear Pump Demonstration Unit utilizes a gear pump which is the most widely used of the positive action rotary pumps. Two gear wheels operate inside a casing. One is driven whilst the other rotates in mesh with it. the liquid is carried around in the space between consecutive teeth and then ejected as the teeth mesh. the pump has no valves. It is a positive displacement pump and will deliver against high pressures. The output is a more even flow than that of a reciprocating pump. It is particularly suitable for high viscosity fluids.
Experiments of Gear Pump Demonstration Unit
- To determine overall efficiency and pump efficiency of the gear pump.
- To plot Head vs. Discharge, Pump efficiency vs. Discharge
Features of Gear Pump Demonstration Unit
- Closed loop circulation
- Compact & stand alone set up
- Stainless Steel tanks and wetted parts
- Superb Painted structure
- Simple to operate & maintain