Impact Of A Jet Apparatus MTS-14005
Descriptions of Impact Of A Jet
The Impact Of A Jet setup consists of a two sided clear fabrication section. Water is fed through a nozzle and discharged vertically to strike a target carried on a stem which extends through the cover. A weight carrier is mounted on the upper end of the stem. The dead weight of the moving parts is counter balanced by a compression spring. The vertical force exerted on the target plate is measured by adding the weights supplied to the weight pan until the mark on the weight pan corresponds with the level gauge. A total of two targets are provided, a flat plate and a hemispherical cup. Impact of jets apparatus enables experiments to be carried out on the reaction force produced on vanes when a jet of water impacts on to the vane.
Experimentation of Impact Of A Jet
- To measure the force developed by a jet of water impinging upon a stationary object and comparison with the forces predicted by the momentum theory.
- Impact of jets apparatus enables experiments to be carried out on the reaction force produced on vanes when a jet of water impacts on to the vane.
Technical Specification of Impact Of A Jet
- Cylindrical operating area made of Plexiglas, diameter 200mm, height 340mm
- Measurement of jet impact forces with weights
- 4 interchangeable deflectors
- Unit mounted on base plate,
- 400x400x40mm, powder-coated steel plate