Impact Jet of Water MTK-8077
This equipment allows the measurement of force developed by a jet of water impinging upon a stationary object.
The apparatus consist of a rectangular acrylic vessel. Water is fed through a nozzle and discharged vertically to strike a target carried on a stem which extends through the cover. Force of the jet is measured by the Load Cell about fixed fulcrum. Theoretically obtained forces are compared with practically obtained forces through moments.
Technical Specifications of Impact of a Jet of Water
- Set of Nozzle: 6 mm , 10 mm, and 12 mm (Brass).
- Set of Vanes: Hemispherical and Flat Plate (Optional Inclined)
- Jet Collection Tank : 250 mm Diameter MOC: Perspex
- Sump tank capacity : 75 litres MOC: SS-304 with Matt Buffing
- Measuring tank : 35 litres MOC: SS-304 with Matt Buffing
- Pump : Monoblock type, 0-60 litre/min, Motor 1 HP
- Piping with necessary Valves and Fittings
- Digital Stop Watch with 1/10 second Accuracy
- Detailed Technical Manual and On-site Training
Features of Impact of a Jet of Water Apparatus:
- To calculate the theoretical force a jet exerts on a surface,
- Assuming the impact velocity is the same as nozzle exit velocity,
- calculate the theoretical impact velocity.
- Using the theoretical equation for the impact force of a jet, calculate the impact force.
- Compare the theoretical and measured values.
- To determine the reaction force produced by the impact of jet of water of variety type of target vanes.