Item code: MTS-3517
IN-SITU Vane Shear Tester
The apparatus is designed for conducting in situ vane shear test from bottom of a bore hole in saturated cohesive deposits for determining their in place shearing resistance. The equipment consists of a torque applicator assembly mounted on a base, a gear wheel, which is marked in degrees, holds a torque ring and is geared to a crank, the torque ring is a split ring & deforms as torque is applied & the deformation is indicated by a dial gauge. A calibration 2 chart to convert dial gauge readings to torque force in kgs/cm is supplied. A pointer is provided For registering the rotations of the vane, a detachable stand is provided to anchor the instrument an attachment to securely hold the string of rods is provided the equipments comprises of the following :
- Torque applicator assembly capacity 2000kg/cm with split proving ring & dial gauge 0.002 x 5mm complete with stand.
- Vane ( with vane rod ) 37.5mm dia x 75mm high 1 no.
- Vane ( with vane rod ) 50.0mm dia x 100mm high 1 no.
- Torque rod ( square cross section) 0.6mts long 1 no.
- Rods quick couplind type, 1 mtr. long 1 no.
- Rods quick coupling type, 1 ½ mtr. long 1 no.
- Dummy rod, corresponding to 37.5mm dia vane 1 no.
- Dummy rod , corresponding to 50.0mm dia vane 1 no