310 Seamless Steel Pipe, combining excellent high temperature properties with good ductility and weldability, is designed for high temperature service. It resists oxidation in continuous service at temperatures up to 1150°C provided reducing sulphur gases are not present. It is also used for intermittent service at temperatures up to 1040°C.Like other austenitic grades these have excellent toughness, even down to cryogenic temperatures, although other grades are normally used in this environment.
- The high chromium content - intended to increase high temperature properties - also gives these grades good aqueous corrosion resistance
- The PRE is approximately 25, and seawater resistance about 22°C, similar to that of Grade 316
- Excellent resistance at normal temperatures, and when in high temperature service exhibits good resistance to oxidising and carburising atmospheres
- Resists fuming nitric acid at room temperature and fused nitrates up to 425°C
- Subject to stress corrosion cracking but more resistant than Grades 304 or 316
- Good resistance to oxidation in intermittent service in air at temperatures up to 1040°C and 1150°C in continuous service
- Good resistance to thermal fatigue and cyclic heating
- Widely used where sulphur dioxide gas is encountered at elevated temperatures
- Continuous use in 425-860°C range not recommended due to carbide precipitation
- If subsequent aqueous corrosion resistance is needed
- But often performs well in temperatures fluctuating above and below this range.
- Grade: "304, 304L, 304H, 309H, 310H, 316, 316H, 316L, 316 LN, 317, 317L, 321, 321H, 347, 347H
- Size: 1/2"NB To 24"NB
- Sch: "SCH 5S, 10S,10, 20, 40S, 40, STD, 60, 80S, 80, XS, 100, 120, 140, 160 & XXS
- Make: Imported "/ "Sumitomo / indian"