SS 304 Seamless Stainless Steel Pipe has excellent corrosion resistance in a wide variety of environments and when in contact with different corrosive media. Pitting and crevice corrosion can occur in environments containing chlorides. Stress corrosion cracking can occur at temperatures over 60°C.304 has good resistance to oxidation in intermittent service up to 870°C and in continuous service to 925°C. However, continuous use at 425-860°C is not recommended if corrosion resistance in water is required. In this instance 304L is recommended due to its resistance to carbide precipitation. Where high strength is required at temperatures above 500°C and up to 800°C, grade 304H is recommended. This material will retain aqueous corrosion resistance.
- 304 stainless steel is typically used
- Sinks and splashbacks
- Cutlery and flatware
- Architectural panelling
- Sanitaryware and troughs
- Brewery, dairy, food and pharmaceutical production equipment
- Springs, nuts, bolts and screws
- Grade: "304, 304L, 304H, 309H, 310H, 316, 316H, 316L, 316 LN, 317, 317L, 321, 321H, 347, 347H
- Size: 1/2"NB To 24"NB
- Sch: "SCH 5S, 10S,10, 20, 40S, 40, STD, 60, 80S, 80, XS, 100, 120, 140, 160 & XXS
- Make: Imported "/ "Sumitomo, indian"
- Test Certificate: Mill T.C, Government Laboratory T.C "