Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers (FIBCs) or Jumbo Bags as it is popularly known today are giant size bags in drum or box shape. These bags are made of high tenacity Polypropoylene (PP), HDPE or Polyamide material and is UV stabilized. The general capacities of these bags range from 250 Kgs. to 2000 Kgs. depending on the bulk density of the material. These bags can be custom built to meet customers requirement. The concept of bulk packaging revolves around environmental aspects, apart from reducing the cost of packaging and faster handling of the packaging material. The bag also minimizes the losses in pilferage & spillage and creates better working atmosphere. Since these bags are of heavier capacities they can only be handled mechanically.
Type/ Option of FIBCs These bags are manufactured with different constructions as per the safe working load requirements.& Generally the fabric is un-coated and provided with PE liner for protection. The other varieties are coated with polyethylene for powders which are directly filled in the bags.
The general designs available are in combination of the following: FILLING OPTIONS
DISCHARGE OPTIONS LIFTING OPTIONS LOOP OPTIONS
- Spouted (Draw String & Petal) Spouted (Draw String & Petal) Single Loop Corner Loop
- Duffel Duffel Two Loop Cross Corner Loop
- Full Open Full Open Four Loop Full Length Bottom Running Loop
- Flap Plain Stevedore
- Dome Top Done Bottom Loop Extenders
- Four Corner Loops Loop Extenders Sleeve Lift Stevedore
- Full Open Top Fill Spout Dome Top Duffel Top
- Plain Bottom Discharge Spout Dome Bottom Full Open Bottom