Instead of using blades or brushes to scrape the product off the belt, the Motive Traction HPLV Belt Cleaner uses a series of High Pressure, Low Volume water jets to clean the return run of the belt. By keeping the amount of water used very low and directing the cleaning discharge back into the the product flow, the system operates without any product spillage or product build up, with the added advantage that the small amount of water introduced to the product stream acts as a dust suppressant. Motive Traction H.P.L.V. Belt Cleaners were developed in Western Australia and are currently used in the Iron Ore, Gold, Diamond industries and in other industries throughout Australia where conveyors are used.
In many applications, operators find that the HPLV Belt Cleaner totally replaces existing per-cleaner and scraper arrangements.
The maintenance of HPLV Belt Cleaners is minimized because frequent adjustments to scraper blades have been eliminated and has been confined to visual inspection of the spray nozzles and periodic cleaning of filters.
Advantages of the New HPLV Belt Cleaners
- High Efficiency Cleaning
- Simple Installation & Operation
- Eliminates Belt Wear & Damage thereby Increasing Belt Life
- No Replacement or Adjustment of Scraper Blades lead to Reduced Maintenance Costs and Labour Requirements
- No under-belt Spillage and Expensive Clean-ups
- No Product Build-up on Return Idlers
- Assists Dust Suppression
- Multiple Spray Bar Installations Possible from a Single Power Unit