* Fully machined inlet ports in cylinder head.
* Timing gear driven power take-off arrangements. *Forged steel crankshaft.
* Controlled expansion pistons (4.236U, T4.236
and 4.248 only).
* Controlled coolant flow.
* High duty cast iron dry liners.
* Cylinder block extended below crankshaft.
These features give the 4.236 series engines many
* Ease of installation.
* Low vibration levels.
* Low fuel consumption.
* Low smoke and emissions.
* Low noise levels.
* High power to weight ratio.
* Accurate engine temperature control.
Additional features available on some models. *Lanchester type harmonic balancer (option).
* Integral lubricating oil cooler (standard on turbo¬
. High utilisation
. High performance
. Low cost to owner
. Parts and service available world
The engine range
The 4.236 series engines is a family of 4 cylinder, in-line engines of either 3,86 litre
(236 in3) or 4,07 litre (248 in3) capacity.
Power outputs range from 35,5 to 76,0 kW (47.5 to 102 bhp) at speeds from 1500 to 2800 rev/min. They are suitable for all types of industrial, agricultural and automotive applications.